StartEd Lite is a free software application from the System Maintenance subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English, French, German, Hungarian, Spanish and it was last updated on 2009-02-27. The program can be installed on Win98, WinXP, Windows2000, Windows2003, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Business x64.
StartEd Lite is a freeware tool which helps you to control your Windows startup process. It recognizes startup programs which are either obsolete or memory hogs. You can safely disable such items in order to increase your computer's performance. StartEd Lite detects also more than 150 Trojan Horses, the most destructive and dangerous species of computer viruses. It allows you to backup and restore your startup configurations. StartEd Lite displays detailed info about the functionality of every System Service so that even novice users are able to manage their startup configuration. A warning message will be displayed when a System Service vital for your computer's stability is about to get disabled. You get also the ability to uninstall programs directly from StartEd Lite.
What can you do with StartEd Lite?
- View, Edit, Delete, Disable and Add entries to your program startup configuration
- Detect obsolete startup items and unneeded memory hogs
- Manage System Services with detailed notes and description
- See new startup items since last StartEd Lite use
- Show detailed information about every startup entry
- Launch files
- Uninstall programs
- Create shortcuts on desktop (useful for temporary disabled items)
- Print out and copy startup list to clipboard
- StartEd Lite recognizes more than 150 Trojan Horses in the Startup configuration and displays a warning message
StartEd Lite (version 5.30) has a file size of 2.79 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 280 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.